AirtelTigo money is one of the mobile money services in Ghana.
In this guide, I am going to give you a complete process of:
- How to register AirtelTigo money yourself
- How to send money on AirtelTigo in Ghana
- How to withdraw money on AirtelTigo money
- And a lot more.
However, AirtelTigo also comes with its unique and exciting features.
Airtel Tigo money is a mobile money wallet introduced after the merger between Airtel and Tigo in Ghana.
This Mobile money platform enables subscribers to send and receive money, pay bills, buy airtime and internet bundles and perform other banking transactions.
Like Vodafone Cash and MTN Mobile Money, you don’t need to carry physical cash on you.
All you need to do is to load your AirtelTigo wallet and you are permitted to perform transactions.
AirtelTigo money registration process.
To be eligible for registration, make sure you’ve got these things in place.
- A valid and registered AirtelTigo number
- A national identification card (Voter’s ID, NHIS CARD, GHANA CARD, Travelling Passport, Driver’s Licence).
You can register using two methods: self-registration or visiting a nearby AirtelTigo office.
I am going to show you all the steps involved in both registration methods.
How to register AirtelTigo money yourself?
From the comfort of your home, you can register for AirtelTigo money by following the instructions below.
- Dial *510#
- Choose option 8
- Set your preferred mobile money PIN code
- Follow the proceeding prompts to get registered.
How to register at a nearby AirtelTigo Office.
- Visit any nearby AirtelTigo office with your AirtelTigo SIM card and national identification card.
- Talk to any of the customer service representatives
- Your details and requirements will be taken
- Instantly you will be registered for Airtel Tigo money.
- You will be required to set a mobile money code which will be used to authorize transactions on the MoMo platform.
- You can start making transactions.
You can as well visit any nearby AirtelTigo agent for the mobile money registration.
What is the AirtelTigo money code?
This is the code required to perform transactions on the AirtelTigo Money platform.
The AirtelTigo Money code is *100#
How to send money.
To send money, dial the AirtelTigo money code and select “send money”. Follow the prompts to proceed.
AirtelTigo money charges.
Now let’s see the charges involved in transactions.
- 1% is deducted from cash out at an agent’s shop
- Cashing out on your phone is 0.5% of the amount being cashed out.
- 5% is deducted from the amount being sent when sending to a non-mobile user.
Airteltigo money loan.
Currently, AirtelTigo does not give mobile money loans via this platform.
You can, however, get mobile money loans on your AirtelTigo money by clicking the link below.
Thanks for reading.
Support us by sharing this article with family and friends.