Mobile money systems are replacing the traditional ways of payment in Ghana. The introduction of MTN mobile money has had a great impact on the Ghanaian fin-tech ecosystem. The process of payment has been greatly simplified by MTN Mobile money, Tigo Cash, Vodafone cash etc.
You can make payments on eCommerce websites, pay bills, recharge airtime and internet data, etc with MTN mobile money. You don’t need to have physical cash on you before you can make such payments.
Most banks are incorporating the mobile money (cashless system) into their operations, you can deposit money into your bank account directly with mobile money without having to go to the bank premises.
In this article I’m going to show you how to register for MTN mobile money with ease. All other questions about mobile money will be discussed in this post. Stay tuned.
View how to register for MTN Mobile Money below.
The registration process is a simple one if you follow the right process. Follow the steps below to get registered on Ghana’s biggest telecommunication network mobile money: MTN Ghana Mobile Money.
Requirements for Registration.
You need the following before you can get registered on mobile money.
- A valid identification card – Voter’s ID, Driver’s licence or International travel Passport
How to register for mobile money.
- Visit the nearest authorized MTN Mobile Money agent with your valid identification card.
- The agent will capture your personal data and give you a mobile money SIM Card
- Insert the Mobile money SIM into your mobile phone. You’ll receive an SMS asking you to register.
- Navigate to “My MTN” on your phone and select “Mobile Money”
- Select “Register” and enter your ID type and number
- Type and repeat mobile money PIN (4 DIGITS PIN)
- A welcome message will be sent to your phone indicating a successful registration.
How to Check your Mobile Money Wallet.
Your mobile money wallet shows your remaining amount. To check your wallet follow the steps below.
- Dial *170#
- Enter option 7 (Wallet)
- Enter option 1 (Check balance)
- Enter your mobile money PIN (****)
Your current and available balance will be shown to you.
How to do a MTN Mobile Money Transfer.
To send money to someone you have to check your remaining balance to make sure it is up to the expected amount. To transfer money, follow the steps below.
- Dial *170#
- Enter option 1 (Transfer money)
- Enter option 1 (Mobile money user)
- Select subscriber or merchant.
- Enter recipient’s mobile money number
- Re-enter number to confirm
- Enter amount
- Enter reference
- Enter your four-digit PIN Code to send money
Frequently Asked Questions about MTN Mobile Money
What is the MTN Mobile Money Code?
The MTN mobile money code is *170#
Can I register mobile money online?
Check the MTN Ghana official website for information about mobile money online.
Is there a mobile money app available For MTN Customers?
Yes, you can use the MyMTN app developed by MTN to transact mobile money. Also the services of expressPay can be utilized.
If you’re passionate about technology, we need you to write for us. Contact +233(0)203256997 and we’ll put you on our constantly growing team.
Thank youShare this article with your friends if it helped you. If you’re passionate about technology, we need you to write for us. Contact +233(0)203256997 and join our constantly growing team.