Do you want to register for MTN Mobile money or become a merchant and enjoy commissions?
This is the complete guide to MTN Mobile Money Registration in Ghana.
The introduction of MTN Mobile Money has made money transactions in Ghana easier.
Using MTN MoMo you can send and receive cash, pay bills, top-up airtime, buy MTN Internet Bundles, Purchase Treasury Bills, etc.
To be able to do all the above, you have to be duly registered as a MTN Mobile Money subscriber or a Merchant.
How to register MTN Mobile Money.
To get registered on MTN Mobile Money in Ghana, follow the steps outlined below.
Requirements for MTN Mobile Money Registration.
To successfully complete the registration, you need to have the following documents.
- A valid national identification card. It can be a National Health Insurance Scheme ID, Voter’s ID, Driver’s License, Ghanaian Traveling Passport and Ghana Card.
- A registered MTN SIM card.
Steps to register
- Locate the nearest authorized MTN Mobile Money Merchant or Agent with the required documents (Identification card and A registered MTN SIM Card). You can as well visit the nearest MTN Mobile Money office.
- Ask the agent that you want to register for the service.
- After requesting to register for mobile money, the merchant will record your details and register you using his mobile phone.
- You’ll receive a SMS request to complete the process
- Dial *170#
- You’ll be asked to enter your preferred four-digit MTN Mobile Money Pin Code.
- Once done, a welcome message will be sent to your phone indicating that you’re successfully registered on MTN Mobile Money Service.
You can proceed to load money into your wallet to begin a transaction.
How to register MTN Mobile Money Online.
You can also register for MTN Mobile from the comfort of your home.
All you need is a phone (preferably Android) with an internet connection.
See how to register online below.
- Log on to MTN Mobile Money Official Website.
- Click on “Register”
- Enter your phone number and preferred Mobile Money PIN
- Enter the captcha displayed. A one time password will be sent to your phone
- Enter the one time password
- Enter your preferred password
- Repeat the same password
- Click on “Continue”
The main MTN Mobile money code is *170#. However, we have compiled a list of all the MTN Mobile Money Code HERE.
Let us see how to register as a merchant and earn commissions doing Mobile Money Business.
Mobile Money Charges.
For normal transactions, you have to pay 0.50% for GHS 1 – GHS 50 and 1% for GHS 50 and above.
For bill payments, you pay a flat rate of 0.5 to 2%
How to Register MTN Mobile Money Merchant
MTN Mobile Money Merchant Commission.
The commissions are profits for the Mobile Money agent.
See the MTN Mobile Money Agent commission fees below.
- A GHS 0.50 fee is deducted from client when he withdraws any amount between GHS 1 to GHS 50.
- The client is deducted a 1% fee for any withdrawal above GHS 50
MTN Mobile Money Withdrawal Limit is GHC 1,500 per day.
MTN Ghana pays interest to all mobile money subscribers based on the transactions they’ve made within a period of time.
Now we would like to hear from you.
Did you have any difficulty in the MTN Mobile money registration process?
Leave your questions in the comment box below.
Post update on May 20, 2022