In today’s digital world, the use of mobile money services is practically impossible to do away with. It has become an integral part of our lives to use mobile money services for sending and receiving money, paying bills and the likes.
One of the widely used mobile money platforms is the MTN Mobile Money. For some strange reasons, your mobile money registration details may not tally with the details you have on your national identification card.
This often happens when the agent registering you for the service captures your information wrongly.
Steps to check your MTN Mobile Money Registration Details
To check and verify the your MTN MoMo registration details, kindly follow the steps below:
- Dial *170#
- Enter option 6 (My Wallet)
- Enter option 10
- Your Mobile Money Name and Next of Kin will be displayed to you.
- Choose of option 1 if you want to change your next of kin.
You can check your and verify your mobile money details by sending money to another line. Your name will be displayed on the recipient’s phone.
What to do if Your Mobile Money Registration Details are Inaccurate?
I personally had my MTN MoMo details inaccurately entered by MTN’s customer care. How did I get this fixed? Follow the steps below to correct your MTN mobile money registration details.
- Visit the nearest MTN Office with any valid national identification card (Ghana Card, Voter’s ID, NHIS Card, Travelling Passport or Drivers License).
- Speak to the customer care about your case.
- Give your identification card to the customer care.
- Your correct details will be affected in their systems.
- Thank you.