In this article, we’ll be going through MTN online sim registration procedures. MTN Ghana offers it’s valued customer wide range of service under prepaid and postpaid subscriptions.
With backing from the South African government, the business was initially established as M-Cell in 1994. Robert (Bob) Chaphe and company founder Leena Jaitley took over as CEO in 1995, replacing outgoing leader John Beck. Irene Charnley served as chairwoman, and Johnnic Holdings was listed as the company’s controlling shareholder in 2001.
A multinational mobile telecommunications firm based in South Africa called MTN Group Limited previously known as M-Cell operates in numerous African and Asian nations. Johannesburg serves as its headquarters.
MTN SIM REGISTRATION ONLINE
The online procedure can only be used for the first stage thus linking your Ghana card to your sim card and checking your unique code and then you proceed to the nearest MTN office for the biometric capture. Below are the procedures
- Visit https://mtn.com.gh
- click on personal on the navigation bar
- select sim registration from the drop-down
- Read the instructions very well
- click on yes I am
- Enter the phone number you want register and click next
- Then click on yes verify OTP
- Enter the pin sent to you via SMS
- Tap confirm OTP
- Fill in the required fill on the forms provided
- submit and proceed to the nearest MTN office or registration center for your biometric capture.
REQUIREMENT FOR SIM REGISTRATION PROCESS
- Valid Ghana card for Ghanaian citizens
- Passport or non- citizenship card for resident foreigners
- ECOWAS card for non-resident foreigners
- Business registration certificate and Ghana card of one of the directors of the organization.
- A digital Address
WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR THE REGISTRATION
- Existing pre-paid and post-paid subscribers
- Foreign nationals with pre-paid and post-paid sim cards
- Existing Business entities
- New Business entities
LINKING GHANA CARD TO SIM CARD USING USSD
Consumers have to link their Ghana card to their sim card which is the first stage of the process and then proceed to the nearest MTN office for the biometric capture. Below are the steps for first stage or linking of the Ghana card to your sim card Using the USSD.
- Dial *404# on the SIM Card you want to register
- Enter Ghana Card PIN
- Confirm Ghana card PIN
- Enter your Surname, First Name and other names
- Enter your Date of Birth in the format DDMMYY
- Select your Sex
- Confirm details
- Submit the details provided after confirmation
- An SMS will be sent to you with your unique code for the biometric capture.
WHAT YOU HAVE KNOW
when going to the Registration centers, make sure you have your physical Ghana card not soft copy because during the process the back and front of your card will be scanned, together with your fingerprint and a photograph.