Before you can access any MTN services in Ghana, you need to buy, register and activate a MTN SIM Card.
This post gives you the entire process you need to follow to get your MTN SIM card registered in Ghana.
I will show you how to register your MTN SIM Card yourself or at the nearest MTN agent.
This post will also include:
- How to check SIM Card details after registration.
- SIM Card registration code
- And many more.
Why do you need to register your MTN SIM Card?
It allows telecommunication service providers to identify subscribers with specific numbers.
How to register MTN SIM card in Ghana.
It takes a few minutes to get your MTN SIM card registered. Follow the steps below to get it done.
Before the SIM registration process starts, make sure you have the following with you.
- An identification card (could be driver’s license, Ghana Card, Voter’s ID, Travelling Passport)
- A new (unregistered) MTN SIM Card.
Steps to register your SIM Card.
- Visit any MTN authorized agent new you.
- Tell the agent you want to register your SIM card
- You’ll be asked to provide an identification card and other details taken.
- The agent will process your data and get your SIM registered within some few minutes.
- You’ll be given the SIM upon successful registration.
A new SIM card can be registered at a later date from the day it was bought but the SIM card will not be activated prior to registration.
Important things to note.
Can I register my SIM myself?
As at the time of writing this article, only authorized agents are allowed to register SIM cards for subscribers.
You have to buy airtime onto the new SIM card to activate it.