Digital Satellite Television known as DStv is a Sub-Saharan African direct broadcast satellite service owned by MultiChoice. It was launched in 1995 to provide multiple channels and services to their subscribers.
In this write-up, we will take a look at the full specifications of DStv Hd decoder model 4s. Most subscribers are in South Africa and Nigeria, Kenya, Ghana, Angola, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Uganda, Mauritius, Mozambique, Malawi, Tanzania, Lesotho, Ethiopia, the Republic of the Congo, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Gabon, Eswatini and many more.
DSTV HD DECODER MODEL 4S FULL SPECIFICATION
- View 1 channel at a time (no PVR functionality)
- HD Capable (720p and 1080i)
- Content Discovery (Including multiple search options)
- 8 Day TV Guide
- 24 hour i-Plate
- Parental Control
- Dolby Digital 5.1 Capable
- XtraView Capable (Compatible with selected XtraView decoders)
- Widescreen capable
- Hearing Impaired Subtitles (When available)
Included in the decoder box
- DSTV Decoder model 4S
- DSTV Remote (with batteries)
- DSTV Smartcard
- Power supply
- RCA cable
- HDMI cable
- Product documentation
HOW TO RESCAN DSTV HD DECORDER
- Switch on your decoder
- select a satellite based on your country
- Use the arrow keys on the left and right of the “OK” button on the remote to select the right satellite for your decoder.
- Choose between quick and manual setup.
- choose manual setup.
- Move to “Manual” and press “OK.”
- select the type of LNB that was used to set up your dish.
- the Universal LNB is the best option.
- move left or right and select “Universal.”
- Check Tuner 1 &2 to see its signal is more than half of the bar.
- Now, scroll down to “Scan.”
- Press on “OK”
- The scanning process will be initiated.
- Wait as it will scan all the channels automatically.
- Once the channels scan is done, your decoder will switch to channels 100, and pictures will display on your TV screen.
DSTV PACKAGES AND PRICES
Premium: 185+ channels and costs GH¢ 350 per month
Compact Plus: 172+ channels at GH¢ 215 per month
Compact: gives you 165+ channels at GH¢ 145 per month
Family: airs 139+ channels at GH¢ 80 per month
Access: provides you with 124 channels at a cost of 45 GH¢ per month
Indian: costs GH¢ 135 per month and has 35+ channels
HOW TO PAY DSTV GHANA WITH MTN MOBILE MONEY BY USING USSD
For you to be able to do this transaction you have to be an MTN subscriber and have registered for mobile money and have more than the amount you want to pay in your wallet.
- Switch on your DStv decoder.
- Switch to channel 200, eg: UTV., “”.
- You will see notification on your TV screen showing your account being suspended.
- On your MTN mobile money phone Dial *170#.
- Choose option 2 Momo Pay & Pay Bills and send.
- select Pay Bill.
- Choose option 2 (Tv & Entertainment).
- Select 1, DStv/GOtv.
- Enter your DStv smart card or IUC number.
- On the next screen, your name on the account will pop up.
- Choose 1 DStv.
- select option 1 for account payment.
- Choose 1 ( Pay due amount).
- If you want to pay more, you can select the option “2” and enter the amount you want to pay.
- Enter the amount and send.
- Now enter your Mobile money pin.
- You will receive a notification confirming your payment into your DStv account.
- Now wait for about 15mins and if your pictures do not show, use the self-service to clear the error code.
Post update on April 18, 2023