Welcome to PC BOSS ONLINE. Today, I am going to show you how to request an Uber ride in Ghana.
Getting yourself an Uber ride in the capital city of Ghana (Accra) or Kumasi should not take more than 10 minutes. In fact, it is a simple and straightforward process.
All you need is an Android or iPhone with some internet bundle and you’re good to go.
Basically, there are two methods you can use to request a ride: requesting for a ride online or using the Uber App.
How to request an Uber ride Using the Uber App.
Here is how to request a ride in the Uber app whilst in Kumasi or Accra. But before that you need to do a quick registration if it’s your first time.
- Download and install the app from the Google Playstore.
- Open your app and enter your mobile number. A confirmation code is sent to your phone.
- Enter verification code to proceed.
- Enter your email address
- Type password, first name and last name
- Select your preferred payment method or skip.
Note that you can do the registration on their website.
Requesting the Ride.
After the registration, requesting a drive shouldn’t take more than five minutes. See the complete process below.
- Open your app and enter your destination in the “Where to?” field
- Swipe up to see all vehicle options available in your area. Tap one to select it for your ride, then tap “Choose Uber X” (button will be your vehicle selection)
- You may be asked to confirm your pickup location. If so, move the pin on the map, or select from a list of locations. Tap “Confirm Pickup” to send your request to eligible drivers in the area
- If you’re not asked to confirm your pickup, tap “Confirm UberX” (button will be your vehicle selection) to send your request to eligible drivers in the area
- Once a driver accepts your request, you’ll see their location and estimated time of arrival on the map
You’ll receive notification from Uber when your driver is near.
Useful Tips to know before requesting for a ride.
I thought as much to share these tips with you as they will be useful when requesting an Uber ride.
- Request your uber ride 15 to 30 minutes before setting off
- Refer friends to Uber and earn free rides and discounts on other rides.
- You can cancel your Uber drive up to 5 minutes after your request.
Thanks for reading. Leave your questions in the comment box below and lets get interactive. See you soon. Much love from the PC BOSS TEAM.