MTN Ghana MiFi is a portable Wi-Fi device which allows up to 10 devices to connect to the internet.
The MiFi charges using a USB and can be placed anywhere in order to get the best network coverage.
In this post, we are going to make known to you everything you need to know about the MTN 4G MiFi: its price, promotions available, settings, how to buy data bundle and many more.
Spare us about 10 minutes of your time as we take you through this.
Types of MTN MiFi
There are two types of MTN Mifis available. There are:
- The 3G Mifi
- 4G Mifi
These Mifi devices can connect up to 10 Wi-Fi enabled devices at the same time.
It is ideal for home and small business who require internet every day.
Prices of MTN MiFi
The MTN 4G LTE MiFi costs GHS 425. It comes with 2GB data every month for 3 months.
The 3G Mifi costs about GHC 200.
It is advisable you buy the 4G device if you care about getting a faster internet connection.
Why use MTN MiFi?
The MTN MiFi comes with a lot of benefits as compared to other internet devices such as a modem and mobile hotspot.
See the benefits of this MiFi device below.
- It is portable and therefore can be used anywhere.
- It helps to save your phone’s battery. Mobile internet consumes a lot of battery. When using internet from MTN MiFi you turn your mobile data off. This helps to conserve battery.
- It gives a faster (4G) and stable internet connection.
Do these first when you buy your MiFi device.
- Charge the MiFi device until the battery is full
- Connect to PC and configure it. See configuration and settings below.
How to connect MTN MiFi to PC or laptop.
- Turn on the MiFi and then switch on your computer
- Go to network settings
- You will see your MiFi network on the available network section
- You will find your network ID at the back of your Mifi device. Confirm with the network id in the available network on the PC
- Click on connect
- Type in the security key (password). It is also found at the back of your MiFi
How to connect the Mifi to your phone
- Turn on your mobile phone wifi
- You will find available networks
- Select the MiFi and type in the password found at the back of the device
Checking your Data balance on the MTN MiFi
This Mifi device comes with an already installed SIM cared which is loaded with the 6GB data. When you exhaust this bundle, you will be required to buy a new one.
To check your bundle balance:
- Remove the SIM card and place it inside a mobile phone
- Dial *124#. Your balance will be displayed to you.
To buy a bundle on MTN Mifi, follow the steps below.
- Dial *170#
- Select Buy Airtime and Bundle
- Select your preferred bundle
- Enter your MTN Mobile Money PIN
- Press 1 to confirm payment
- You’ve successfully top-up your data bundle
If you are someone who always requires an active internet connection, it is important that you get yourself an MTN or Vodafone MiFi.
The default username is admin.