In this post, I am going to show you the simplest way to get a visa or credit card in Ghana.
Having a credit card, visa or Mastercard in Ghana comes with a lot of benefits.
You can use your card to pay for online purchases, subscriptions, receive and send funds, etc.
Per my experience with some banks, I won’t recommend that you get a credit card from any bank at all but from banks with little or no charges like the bank I use.
Banks such as GCB Bank, Barclays, Standard Chartered Bank, Ecobank, etc. all have different charges for issuance and usage of credit cards
I am going to show you exactly the process I used to get my credit card and Mastercard within the same day from the United Bank of Africa (UBA).
So far, they are the best I have used their credit card and I will recommend for anyone who is ready to apply for a Visa card.
Their visa Card is internationally accepted in all Visa acceptance points.
The good thing about it is that you don’t need to have a bank account.
Only a few documents are required to get you one.
Without wasting much time let us have a look at the complete steps of getting a visa card.
Note that the documents required for registration may differ from bank to bank.
The ones I am listing here are the documents required to get a visa card from UBA Bank Ghana.
- A passport size photograph
- A national identification card (traveling passport, voters ID, drivers license)
- A working telephone number.
- Tax Identification Number (TIN)
- A current utility bill receipt.
After getting all these documents intact, visit any UBA Branch near you and follow the steps below.
- Ask with any of the customer care representatives that you want to apply for a prepaid/debit card or a Mastercard
- You will be given a form to fill in your personal details
- The customer service personnel will take your form for processing
- After successful application, you will be issued with a prepaid/credit/debit or Mastercard which can be used instantly for payment of services online and other purposes.
Uses of UBA Credit card in Ghana.
- Purchase at POS
- Purchase online
- ATM Cash Withdrawal
UBA Bank Ghana Visa Charges.
I will update this post with the charges involved in getting a credit card in Ghana.