If you need assistance in creating a PayPal account in Ghana, I can help you at a cost of GHC 30.
Do you want to learn how to create a genuine PayPal account in Ghana on your own? Then we’ve got you.
PayPal has been a popular topic in Ghana over the years. Although not officially accepted as a payment gateway in the country, you can still use it without any future consequences.
Due to the increase in online transactions and electronic payments, everyone needs a secured online wallet service.
There are several ways to send and receive money online into a bank account or mobile money. PayPal has an edge over most of them.
In this guide, I am going to give you a complete step by step process on how to register a free and verified PayPal account in Ghana.
A lot has gone into this piece, we encourage you to share it with your friends and family as a way to support us.
Should in case you encounter any problem during the process, leave a comment below.
I personally use my PayPal in receiving payments online from online stores. With PayPal, getting paid online is as easy as ABC. I am able to withdraw funds directly to my credit card and straight to my Mobile Money wallet with ease.
What you need to Know
- This account we are creating is 100% legal.
- You don’t need a VPN.
- You register with your correct Ghanaian details.
- Your account will be verified and can receive payments with no limits.
Uses of a PayPal account.
What can a verified PayPal account be used for in Ghana? You can do a lot with your account.
See the uses of a genuine PayPal account below.
- Buy things online
- Buy domain name
- Receive payments online
- Pay your employees
- Receive money from friends and relatives abroad
- Send money to abroad from Ghana
- Transfer money to bank account
- Fund your forex trading account
Benefits of using PayPal over other alternatives.
Why is PayPal chosen over other online payment services? PayPal has an edge over most of them due to the following reasons.
- Secured online transactions
When you pay with PayPal, you don’t need to provide your credit card details to the merchant. This reduces the risk of credit card fraud and online money scams. PayPal collects your credit card information once and secures it during the registration process.
All you need to make Payment using your PayPal account is your email used for the registration.
- Simple and fast
PayPal transactions averagely take few minutes to reflect.
What is needed to create a PayPal account? (Requirements)
To be able to create a verified and genuine PayPal account for free, you need to have the following.
- An active telephone number (MTN, AirtelTigo, Vodafone). I used MTN in creating my account.
- Full name as seen on your identification card.
- A national identification card. It could be a driver’s license, travelling passport, Voter’s ID, Ghana Card.
- A valid and active email address.
- Residential or Postal Address
- Business Name (optional)
- Laptop/mobile phone and internet connection.
Once you have all the above requirements in place, you can proceed to register for PayPal. Follow the steps by step guide below. Don’t skip any of them.
Steps to create a PayPal account in Ghana
I have recorded the entire PayPal registration process into a video tutorial.
You can watch the video for full instructions or read the guide below.
TRICK: I am actually going to use two methods in creating the paypal account. They are:
- Creating the account by using Lesotho PayPal homepage (paypal.com/ls)
- Creating the account using Botswana’s PayPal homepage (paypal.com/bw)
Method 1: Using Lesotho PayPal URL to Create an Account in Ghana
- Open your web browser and type paypal.com/ls into the address bar
- Click on “Sign Up For Free”
- Choose a business or personal account. We recommend a business account as it comes with more benefits.
- Enter your email address and click “Continue” t to proceed.
- Enter your preferred password. Use a strong and secured password.
- Enter your legal first name, last name and business name. Enter any name if you don’t operate any business.
- Choose Ghana dialling code (+233) and enter your valid Ghana telephone number. Enter your address, city/town/village, state/province/region, postal code.
- Choose primary currency. The dollar is recommended.
- Accept user agreement policy and click “Agree and Continue” to proceed.
- Choose Business type and click/tap Continue to proceed.
- Enter your Data of birth
- Choose nationality (let it remain Lesotho)
- Choose identification document you have (any national ID)
- Enter your National ID number and click submit
You have successfully created your PayPal account in Ghana for free. You will be redirected to your PayPal personal dashboard.
Method 2: Creating an Account Using Botswana PayPal Link.
This method is similar to that of the above. The only difference is that you have to change the URL to that of Botswana. Follow the steps below to create a PayPal account in Ghana using this method.
- Open your browser and type the URL –> https://www.paypal.com/bw
- At the top right corner click on “Sign up”
- Choose Business Account.
- Click continue to proceed.
- Enter a valid email address.
- Enter a strong password and click continue.
- Fill in your legal first and last name, business name, telephone number, business address, choose primary currency as USD and click continue.
- Choose your business type and click continue.
- Key in your date of birth.
- Choose nationality as Ghanaian.
- Choose Identification Card type.
- Enter ID number.
- Enter Home Address and click Submit to complete registration.
- You’ve successfully created a verified, legit PayPal account in Ghana.
We are not done yet, the email needs to be verified.
Confirm your email address
After successful registration, PayPal will send you a verification email.
Log in to your email account inbox and click on the verification link to verify your account.
You are now set to make transactions with your account.
How to deposit money into your PayPal account
Now that you have the account, you should know how to deposit money into it for your online transactions.
There are several ways to fund your PayPal account. You can use any of the process listed below to achieve that.
Buying funds from friends.
You can buy funds from friends who are selling.
All you need to do is send the Ghana Cedis equivalent to their mobile money account and they will send you funds by giving them your email.Beware of scams
Buy from Online Electronic currency exchangers
You can purchase PayPal funds from any of these online exchangers.
Buy perfect money and convert it to PayPal
You can equally buy Perfect money funds and convert it to PayPal.
This can be achieved by using services like Zenithincome.com
Funds Your Account using Debit or Credit Card
This is the most secured way of funding your PayPal account in Ghana.
All you need is to contact your bank for a credit card.
After that, you link your credit card to your PayPal account
I personally use the United Bank of Africa’s and Access Bank’s debit card to do my online transactions. I recommend them for you.
To load funds from your debit card to PayPal, just add the card to your PayPal account.
From there, you can fund your PayPal account.
How to send money to someone via PAYPAL?
To send money to someone via PayPal,
- go to your dashboard
- click on send money.
- Enter the recipient’s email address.
- Enter the amount and click send.
How to withdraw money from your PayPal account
Withdrawing money from your PayPal account is simple. You can use the UBA Africard or Mastercard to withdraw your Paypal funds.
You have to link your Paypal account to your credit card. After successfully doing that, follow the steps below to withdraw funds.
- Go to https://paypal.com
- Enter your email address and password.
- You’ll be redirected to your dashboard.
- Click on “Withdraw Funds”.
- Enter the amount and click on “Continue”.
- A summary of the transaction will be displayed to you.
- Click on “Transfer” to send money.
Funds will mostly be sent within a few minutes or 5 to 7 days.
How to withdraw Paypal to MTN Mobile Money
- Go to https://zenithIncome.com
- There are two columns. Choose Paypal from the left column and MTN Mobile Money from the right column.
- Click “Next” to proceed.
- Follow the proceeding prompts to complete the transaction.
How to link your PayPal account in Ghana to a UBA account.
Here’s how to do it:
- Click on Portfolio at the top of the page.
- Click on Register a bank card on the left of the page.
- Follow the instructions on the page to register your card.
Frequently asked questions (Answered)
Can a PayPal account be used without a bank?
Yes. You can perform all transactions with your Paypal account without a bank account.
Why is PayPal not available in Ghana?
In July 2014, PayPal blacklisted Ghana from its eligible countries due to a high number of internet, credit card fraud and money laundering.
In 2019, the Vice President of Ghana assured Ghanaians that Ghana will be whitelisted in no time. Until this comes into effect, stick to this post to get yourself an account with ease.
This method is working at 100%. You don’t need to change your IP address or VPN.
Now I would like to hear from you.
Did you have any problem in creating your PayPal account in Ghana.
Or you can’t load funds onto our account?
Either way, proceed and leave a comment below.
I will answer all of them.
Thanks for visiting us.