My name is PC Boss, in this post, I bring you a complete review of IPMC’s cyber security course: how to apply, fees and other relevant information you need to know.
The demand for Cyber Security personnel is high and will continue to increase as internet theft, cyber fraud and hacking keep increasing. Cyber security experts are given special treatment in the ICT industry due to their nature of work.
Cyber security goes beyond monitoring of emails, operating system, networks, and printing devices from malicious attack or data theft. It proactively protects by implementing technologies, processes, and practices for safeguarding networks, devices, programs, and data.
Becoming a professional cyber combatant is, thus, one of the most exciting and rewarding career options today. For this you need to think, operate and train like a hacker. By enrolling in a cyber security course at IPMC, you may save your own business from cyber threats or become a cyber security expert in a reputed organization!
In Ghana, cyber security as a specialty is still emerging as young computer enthusiast are gradually getting to know the importance of online safety.
What is Cyber Security?
Computer security, cybersecurity or information technology security is the protection of computer systems and networks from information disclosure, theft of or damage to their hardware, software, or electronic data, as well as from the disruption or misdirection of the services they provide.
Unlike graphic design, cyber security mostly requires a formal education/training in an accredited computer training school. Schools in Ghana offering cyber security courses are very few and IPMC Ghana happens to be one of them.
IPMC Cyber Security Courses
When a discussion about quality computer training surfaces in Ghana, IPMC is a name that can’t be left out. There are two major Cybersecurity courses run by IPMC Ghana. They are:
- Cyber Security Short Course (6 weeks)
- Cyber Security Corporate Courses (3 months)
Cyber Security Short Course at IPMC
- Introduction to Cyber Security
- Cyber Security Principles
- Information Security (IS) with Lifestyle Management
- Risks & Vulnerability
- Incident Response
- Future Implications & Evolving Technologies
- Basic networking skills
- Experience with Firewalls
- Basic knowledge in routers
- Chief Information Security Officer
- Forensic Computer Analyst
- Information Security Analyst
- Penetration Tester
- Security Architect
- IT Security Engineer
- Security Systems Administrator
Cyber Security Corporate Courses at IPMC
Some of IPMC’s signature cyber security corporate course are:
- CompTIA Security+
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Certified in Risk & Information System Control (CRISC)
- Control Objectives for Information & Related Technologies (COBIT)
- Certified Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator (CHFI)
- Certified Network Defender (CND)
- Certified Secure Computer User (CSCU)
- Certified Incident Handler (CIH)
This is designed for computer/network enthusiast who need a launchpad in cybersecurity.
How to Apply
To apply to this course at IPMC you need to fill their online registration form at HERE or contact them using the contact information listed below.
Telephone: +233 (0)55-555-2222
Official Email: [email protected]
Physical Address: PO Box AN 7617, Kwame Nkrumah Avenue. Accra, Ghana
Cyber Security is a number one concern for businesses and individuals today. Equipping yourself with knowledge in cyber security will place you ahead of your colleagues and give you better chances in your career path.