I’m sure you have heard of GCB’s G-Money mobile money platform? In this post, I am going to show you:
- How to register G Money
- How to use g money
- And a lot more
Let’s get started.
What is G Money?
G Money is a mobile money platform that facilitates the transfer of funds from one bank account or mobile money wallet to another.
You can also purchase items and services, whether physical or electronic using a mobile device registered on the g money platform.
Why use G-Money?
G Money comes with a lot of benefits as compared to the other mobile money services in Ghana. These are some of the benefits of signing up for GCB Bank G Money.
- It is available across all Networks
- You can pay bills and buy airtime on G money
- It is accessible across multiple channels such as USSD (*422#), ATM, POS devices, etc.
- It is interoperable.
- Low transfer charges.
How to register G Money?
Like the registration for other mobile money services, you have to get some requirements in place to be able to register G Money.
Requirements for g money registration.
- A valid national identification card (NHIS card, drivers license, Ghana card, Voter’s ID)
- A valid telephone number registered with any network in Ghana.
- Passport-sized photograph.
- Visit any authorized G money agent near you or any nearest GCB Bank
- talk to the agent that you want to register for G money mobile money wallet.
- Your details and required documents will be taken
- You’ll be required to set a g money pin which will be used to authorize your transactions on the platform
- You’re full registered for G Money in Ghana.
If you have challenges registering g money, call 0800422422 or send an email to [email protected]
G Money Agent registration.
To register as a G money agent, follow the steps below.
- Download the application form from HERE.
- Attach required documents (passport picture, identification card, business registration certificate, etc.)
- Fill the application form and send to the nearest GCB bank
What is the G Money Code?
The G-Money code is *422#.
With this code you can perform all transaction on g money: deposit, send and withdraw cash, pay bills and buy airtime.
How to send money on G Money.
- Dial *422#
- Select option 1 (Send Money)
- Enter recipient’s number
- Enter amount
- Enter comment
- Select option 1 (OK) to confirm transaction details
- Enter PIN
- Press send
G-Money charges and tariffs.
View the charges associated with every G-Money transaction.
Daily transaction fees for sending money.
|Transaction tariffs||New P2P Rates||New Interoperability Rates|
|0 – 100||Free||Free|
|100.01 – 999.99||GHC 0.50||1%|
|1,000 and above||GHC 1||GHC 10|
Watch this video
Watch the video below for more information about G-Money.
GCB G Money contact details.
For money information abou this service contact GCB Bank using the details below.
GCB Bank Building GA-183-2490- John Evans
Atta Mills High Street Accra in the Greater Accra Region of the Republic of Ghana, and of
P.O. Box GP134 Accra-Ghana
Leave your comments below.
Kindly share this with family and friends. Let’s all join hands for the digital revolution to take place in Ghana.
G-MONEY! Papa N’aba. Twa tum.