Domain name basically is a unique name or address used to access a website. For example www.pcbossonline.com is the unique address for accessing this website. It has three parts. The first one being the prefix which is the “www”. The actual name follows and it is ended by the domain suffix.
Domain names registration mostly comes with a cost but in this post we’re going to show how you can acquire one at zero cost.
It is assumed you have basic knowledge about website hosting, how to create addon and packed domains, nameservers configuration and other related stuffs
You must have a hosting account fully set up
You have to add your preferred domain name as an addon domain to your hosting account
- Logon on to https://www.freenom.com
- Enter your preferred domain (without the suffix) in the Search Bar and click on “Check availability”NB: the domain name which will be given has suffix “ .tk”. Example youdomain.tkThis means you’re not gonna get the top level domain suffixes Eg. com, org, net etc.
- A list of the name you entered will appear with different domain suffixes at $0.00Locate your choice and click on “Get it now”
- Click on Checkout
- Check the Period from 3months to 12 months and “Click continue”
- At this stage you would have to verify your email by entering it in the required section or login if you’ve already registered.
- After completing the verification/registration process Login to your dashboard
- Provide the required details, accept their terms and conditions and click on “Complete Order”
- You’ve successfully ordered your domain nameGo to the client area by clicking on the appropriate buttonYou now have to change the nameservers of this domain to point to that of your hosting account.
- Click on “Services” on the menu and choose “My domains”
- A list of all your registered domain names will show. In our case this is the first we’re registering
- Click on “Manage domain”
- On the next page Click on “Management Tools” and choose “Nameservers”
- Check the “Use custom nameservers” option, delete those in the input fields and enter the nameservers of your hosting account here
You’re successfully done with the process
Comment any problems you face during the process for quick and prompt response