Do you want to record your computer desktop or screen activity?. You may want to record tutorials of how to accomplish simple tasks on PC and post to your YouTube channel.
Computers hardly comes with options for easily recording your computer display.
In this article we are going to use two different methods to accomplish the task easily. Are you ready? Let’s get started.
Skip to any section of the article using the Table of Content Below.
Recording Desktop with VLC Media Player.
1. Open VLC Media Player.
2. Head to “Media” at the top toolbar and select “Open Capture Device”.
3. Click on the dropdown menu with “DirectShow” and Select “Desktop”.
4. Change frame rate to your choice, preferably 24-30.
5. Click on the drop-down button right beside the “Play” button and select “Convert”.
6. Click on “Browse” and choose your destination folder.
7. Enter Filename and click on “Save”.
8. Click on “Start” to begin the recording process.
NB: Minimize VLC Media Player to record desktop activity.
Wait till your record is complete.
You can press the “Stop” button or “Pause” button to stop and pause the recording respectively.
Hurraaay. You have successfully recorded your desktop screen activity. I hope you’ve successfully learnt how to record your computer desktop in the above method. Proceed to the next if you want to know alternative methods
Head to your destination folder where you saved the file and open the file to play.
Also on Pc Boss: How to Install Let’s Encrypt SSL on your Domain Easily
Recording Desktop with Microsoft Office PowerPoint.
With the latest version of Microsoft PowerPoint presentation software, one can record his desktop activity with ease. I am sure you are wondering how to get this done. Let’s get started!
1. Open PowerPoint Software
2. Head to the “Insert” tab, and select “Screen Recording”.
3. Click “Select Area” to choose the particular area of your screen you want to record. Press the Windows Key, Shift and “F” if you want to record the whole screen.
4. Hold down the “Left Mouse Button” and drag the mouse to select the area of screen you want to record
5. Click the “Record” button or press the Windows key, Shift and “R”
6. Click on “Stop” when you are done recording
Your video will be automatically loaded into the PowerPoint slide
7. Right Click on the Video and select “Save Media as”
8. Choose your desired destination, Enter File Name and Click “Save”.
You have successfully recorded your desktop/screen activity with PowerPoint Software.
You can add sound to your recording using a third party tool (Video Editing Software).
Recommend article: Top 50 Most Visited Websites in Ghana
Conclusion on “How to Record Your Computer Desktop” Article
You can now record short video tutorials, games, application features right away.
Thanks for reading the article to the end. We hope you enjoyed it. Leave your comments behind.
Follow us on social media with the following handles
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgShare this article with your friends if it helped you. If you’re passionate about technology, we need you to write for us. Contact +233(0)203256997 and join our constantly growing team.