How to Become MTN Mobile Money Merchant and Earn Commissions
Welcome back to PC BOSS ONLINE. Today I’m taking you through the MTN Mobile Money Merchant Registrations process.
MTN Mobile money is a service that helps subscribers to send and receive cash, pay bills, recharge airtime and data bundle, etc. right on their phone.
The introduction of mobile money has really brought great change to the Fintech Industry in Ghana.
In the course of the article, I’ll give you all the gist you need to know about being a Mobile Money Agent on MTN: commissions, how to get merchant SIM and other important information.
MTN Mobile Money Merchant Registration Requirements.
To successfully sign up for the MTN Mobile Money merchant, you need to get all required documents set. The required documentation is divided into four:
Interested applicants must have a registered Limited company or its equivalent with existing outlets ready to offer services under the company names.
Prospective agents must provide
- A valid national identification card (Voter’s ID/Travelling Passport, National ID, Driver’s License, National Health Insurance ID or any other equivalent identification card).
- Business registration certificate
Merchants are expected have a GHS 4,000 as a startup capital.
In accordance with E-money Issuer guidelines, interest merchants or agents must meet the required structure and location requirements below:
- Permanent structure in the form of Brick and Mortar, Semi-permanent structure (Defined) is required for an Agent Outlet. These structures should be placed within 50-100 meters radius.
- A kiosk.
The Application process.
- Download and fill the recruitment form from HERE
- Download and fill the agent handler form also from HERE
- Complete the Agent/Merchant code of ethics from HERE
- Submit all completed forms to MTN for further processing and evaluation.
Processing of applications.
- Upon receipt of your Mobile Money merchant application, MTN shall respond via email or phone.
- All received applications will go through a vetting process to ensure they meet all laid down requirements.
- You’re expected to submit only authentic documents. MTN Mobile Money reserves the right to reject any applications that do not meet the requirements above and take such actions as may be necessary in respect thereof.
- Successful applicants shall be notified via phone or email about the outcome of their applications.
- It takes a minimum or maximum of 23 working days to process a successful MTN Mobile Money Agent application
- Successful applicants who shall be notified via SMS, phone call or email.
Now that you’ve been taken through the MTN Mobile Money Merchant registration process, it is also important that you know all the commission that comes with being a certified MTN mobile money agent.
The commissions are profits for the Mobile Money agent. See the MTN Mobile Money Agent commission fees below.
- A GHS 0.50 fee is deducted from client when he withdraws any amount between GHS 1 to GHS 50.
- The client is deducted a 1% fee for any withdrawal above GHS 50
How much is a Merchant SIM card.
Merchant SIM card is not necessarily for sale. It comes with the registration process. You should meet the capital and other requirement to qualify for a merchant SIM.
THANKS FOR READING. LEAVE YOUR QUESTIONS IN THE COMMENT SECTION. THEY’LL BE REPLIED IN NO TIME. SEE YOU SOON.