In this post, I am going to show you how to register for Tigo Cash in Ghana yourself with ease, how to send money on Tigo Cash and a lot more.
NB: Since the merging of Airtel Ghana and Tigo Ghana, the new mobile money platform is AirtelTigo Money.
Therefore, the steps are going to outline here is basically the same process you will use in registering for AirtelTigo money.
Tigo cash was introduced by the then Tigo Ghana as a mobile money platform to enable subscribers to send and receive money, pay bills and also perform banking services all from their mobile phone.
How to Register Tigo Cash in Ghana.
To be eligible for registration, make sure you’ve got these things in place.
- A valid and registered Tigo number
- A national identification card (Voter’s ID, NHIS CARD, GHANA CARD, Travelling Passport, Driver’s License).
You can register using two methods: self-registration or visiting a nearby AirtelTigo office.
I am going to show you all the steps involved in both registration methods.
You can visit the nearest Tigo office (now AirtelTigo office) for Tigo Cash registration.
How to register AirtelTigo money yourself?
From the comfort of your home, you can register for AirtelTigo money by following the instructions below.
- Dial *510#
- Choose option 8
- Set your preferred mobile money PIN code
- Follow the proceeding prompts to get registered.
How to send money on Tigo Cash.
You must dial the Tigo cash code and follow the prompts. See the full steps below.
How to Send Money on Tigo Cash
- Dial *100#, Tigo menu will be displayed.
- Select option “1”, “send cash”
- In the space provided, enter the mobile number of the person, you are sending money to.
- Enter the amount of money in Ghana Cedis (Example: 20.50 or 17 or 17.00)
- The money will be sent; the person will receive a notification confirming to have received the amount of money.
- If the person is not registered, the person must show the message to any Tigo agent or Tigo customer care service centre to receive his or her money.
- The agent will then receive, an SMS stating that the transaction is successful
How to Withdraw money on Tigo Cash
Go to any Tigo cash customer service centre.
The agent will help you redraw the money through the following steps.
- Enter *100# to access the Tigo Menu.
- In the menu, select option “3” “withdraw Cash”
- Enter the “5digits” agent code or mobile number of the agent.
- Enter the amount of money you want to withdraw in Ghana Cedis.
- Enter your secret pin in the space provided.
- The agent will give you your cash.
You will receive an SMS notifying you on the confirmation of the withdrawal, agent’s location, date and time of the transaction, your new Tigo Cash account balance and the reference number.
Tigo Cash charges.
Now let’s see the charges involved in Tigo Cash transactions.
- 1% is deducted from cash out at an agent’s shop
- Cashing out on your phone is 0.5% of the amount being cashed out.
- 5% is deducted from the amount being sent when sending to a non-mobile user.