Enhancing Growth in New Enterprises programme (ENGINE), a national Business Plan Competition and Entrepreneurship Development Programme is a multiyear project implemented by TechnoServe
with funding from the UK Government through the Department for International Development (DFID) that seeks to equip Micro and Small Enterprises (MSEs) with the necessary skills and resources to improve their business plans and internal operations, while creating a thriving community of entrepreneurs through increased access to business development services and to financing.
Deadline: 5:00 pm on Friday 31st March 2017.
- Winners will receive a combination of seed capital and aftercare (business development services).
- Programme will also facilitate participants to access loan or investment capital from financial institutions or investors
- At least US$720,000 (GBP450,000) in seed capital and aftercare will be awarded across the winners and finalists.
- All finalists will receive an ENGINE certificate commemorating their participation and achievement
- Be a Ghanaian citizen
- Be 20 years of age or older at the time of submitting the application
- Propose an expansion on an existing business or a new business that is or will be based in Ghana
- Have no more than 50 employees (existing businesses)
- Propose a business expansion or concept that will realistically create at least 5 new jobs by the end of the second year of business operations, and will have a minimum investment base of GHS50,000 and annual sales of GHS100,000 by the end of the third year of business operations
- Propose an expansion or a new business in any sector or industry (except Imports to Sell)
A firm commitment to submit basic financial data for a period of 3 years following participation in the programme, as well as submitting financial data during the issuance of the grant.
- Each idea may be submitted only once
- All businesses proposed must be profit seeking and self-sustaining businesses. No non-profit entities will be accepted
The application can be accessed on the ENGINE website.
Like | comment | shareShare this article with your friends if it helped you. If you’re passionate about technology, we need you to write for us. Contact +233(0)203256997 and join our constantly growing team.