The DVLA is a public sector firm under the Ministry of Transport. It was established in 1999 by an Act of Parliament (Act 569), 1999. The main function of the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Authority is to ensure effective regulation of drivers and vehicles in Ghana.
They promote good driving and ensure drivers use road worthy vehicles on all roads.
This post consist of all you need to know about DVLA Ghana: How to register your vehicle, Driving test questions and answers, how to obtain and renew a driver’s license etc.
Funcitons of the DVLA.
Below are the main functions of the DVLA.
- Establish standards and methods for the training and testing of driving instructors and drivers of motor vehicles and riders of motor cycles;
- Establish standards and methods for the training and testing of vehicle examiners;
- Provide syllabi for driver training and the training of Driving Instructors;
- Issue Driving Licence;
- Register and license driving schools;
- License driving instructors;
- Inspect, test and register motor vehicles;
- Issue vehicle registration certificates;
- Issue vehicle examination certificates;
- License and regulate private garages to undertake vehicle testing;
- Maintain registers containing particulars of license motor vehicles, driving instructors and drivers of motor vehicles;
- Advise the Minister on policy formulation and development strategy for the achievement of the object of the Authority;
- Ensure strict compliance with this Act and regulations made under it;
- Carry out such other functions as are incidental to the attainment of the object of the Authority.
How to contact the DVLA.
You can call the national office on 0800-160160 (VODAFONE ONLY) or (233) 030-2746760.
Address: 1 JAWAHARLAL NEHRU ROAD,CANTONMENTS
Find more about DVLA on FACEBOOK, TWITTER & INSTAGRAMShare this article with your friends if it helped you. If you’re passionate about technology, we need you to write for us. Contact +233(0)203256997 and join our constantly growing team.