What is Future News Worldwide?
Future News Worldwide is a unique partnership program between the British Council and some of the world’s leading media organizations. It aims to assist young people to develop a wide range of journalism skills and to establish the UK as a global leader in the nurturing of young journalists and media figures.
Underlying this, the program will help build strong and lasting connections to the next generation of media leaders across the globe.
The program centers around a 2-day conference which takes place annually at the Scottish Parliament, Edinburgh. With English as the working language, the conference offers aspiring young journalists from across the globe the opportunity to develop practical and editorial skills and hear directly from some of the world’s most high-profile industry leaders. The 2018 conference will be held on 5 and 6 July 2018.
Post-conference, a year-round global alumni network will support attendees to engage with one another, implement their learning and continue their professional development.
If you’re a student who’s passionate about journalism then we want to hear from you! Whether you’re a writer, blogger, vlogger, photographer, radio journalist or work in any other kind of media you can apply for a place at Future News Worldwide 2018 as long as you meet the eligibility requirements below.
To apply for a place at Future News Worldwide 2018 you must be:
- Aged 18-25 on 1 July 2018
- A registered student, enrolled in an undergraduate or postgraduate course (of any subject) at a university or higher education institution
- A native speaker of English OR be able to speak English at IELTS level 6.5 or equivalent (a formal qualification is not required, just the ability to speak at this level)
- Not have participated in a previous iteration of Future News Worldwide or Future NEWS
- Dedicated to a career in journalism, in any form
- Available to travel to and from the UK on any date between 2 – 8 July 2018
PLEASE NOTE: if you are shortlisted for a place at the conference you will be required to provide evidence of eligibility (identity, age, student status and English language ability).
Applications close: 23:59 (GMT) 28 February 2018.
Visit HERE to read more
All answers must be submitted via the online application form. If you experience any technical difficulties please contact us: FutureNewsWorldwide@britishcouncil.org.
Important! Please ensure you read and understand the Terms and Conditions and Competition Rules (below) before starting your application.